The domain of OSS Service Fulfillment is one that is at the heart of every communication service provider’s (CSP) operations. Whether are fall within the domain of the traditional network operations or within the IT operations, the mission critical nature of a service fulfillment solution can hardly be overstated with the service provider environment. Despite the long experience and deep domain knowledge related to these service fulfillment solutions, service providers are finding that these systems are providing to be an obstacle to their business transformation and revenue generation objectives, because of some fundamental challenges with the way they have evolved and been architected. Significant effort has been invested in trying to understand the root causes for such challenges in a CSP environment.
Our solution brings together four component products to deliver the solution. They are:
- Oracle Communications Order and Service Management (OSM)
- Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management (UIM)
- Oracle Communications Automated Service Activation Program (ASAP)
- Oracle Communications Design Studio
Complementary applications include:
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution (MSS)
- Oracle Communications IP Activator (IPSA)
Oracle Rapid Service Design and Order Delivery Solution, as a part of the Oracle Concept to Cash solutions, provides a proven service fulfillment solution that allows service providers to transform their business with a customer centric focus thereby improving their competitiveness and business performance.
Communication service providers around the world have been deploying the solution with measurable, tangible success.
The key value of the solution capabilities include:
- Unify product – service – resource modeling methodology
- Single product and service bundling approach across all domains
- Enable product and service bundling across legacy stacks
- Decouple commercial products, technical services and vendor technology
- Reuse configurations across service domains
- Enable catalog driven fulfillment
- Consistent order delivery approach across service domains through clearly defined customer, service and technical order fulfillment roles.
- Enable customer self-service through increased automation across order capture and delivery.
- Improve order capture accuracy through advanced service and resource qualification.
- Improve customer experience through real-time status visibility and pro-active fault detection and resolution.
- Enable zero touch fulfillment across multi-vendor, multi-domain environments.
- Enable operational integration across domains through modular, reusable, service agnostic fulfillment methodology.
- Improve operational delivery efficiency through greater visibility into run-time processes.